Why does this keep happening to me???
I’m RAGING so I probably won’t make a lot of sense…but the short story is as follows:
– I was head-hunted for a job I didn’t know about, and didn’t want – I said that several times while I was being forcibly recruited.
– Compliments rained down and the Sustainability team really wanted me on board.
– Reluctantly but flattered by the unexpected eagerness to “get me”, I accepted the job.
– I started on a Monday. All good. More compliments on how much of a great asset I was to the team “we’re so excited you’re here”
– Tuesday and the results from the mandatory Medical came back. I got called into HR where my new boss and the HR Director (both close friends by the way) told me they were concerned about the mental illness I’d listed truthfully on the form. Usually forms ask to list disability only “if this will affect your ability at work” so I tend to withhold information about my history of mental illness…but this form demanded the new employee list ALL medications (antidepressants for me) and ALL illnesses…so I told the truth.
– Tuesday afternoon and I’m being regarded with wariness. The compliments have been replaced with “concerns over my mental ability to perform in the role”.
– Wednesday and I’m asked to consider my vulnerability (?) and it is quietly suggested I RESIGN because I’m “mentally ill” and “unprepared” for such a role.
Err…how f*cking dare you?!? I’m not effing leaving!!!
– Thursday and my training is cancelled. Noone is speaking to me or looking me in the eye. I spend the rest of the week judged, watched warily…and really alone.
I go through 3 long, lonely, painful weeks of trying to train myself as a PROJECT MANAGER with NO HELP from my boss. I go home crying every day because it’s sooo effing frustrating to know I’m being set up to fail.
Yesterday morning, it happened.
My boss and her bestie – the HR Director of all people – finally found a way to get rid of me. Wow. They fired me for not having a driver’s licence when I’d clearly marked it on their stupid job application form, brought it up during the interview: “don’t worry about that, we can arrange transport for you” and told the HR team I DIDN’T DRIVE when they asked why I caught the bus to work every day.
I got asked to leave.
I honestly feel so freaking lost.
I was honest and I tried my best…and I still got fired…for a BOGUS reason.
Just. So. Angry 😠